Fan-Tex ‘Rio Grand‘ Ash Tree is a best choice for leafy green shade in summer and golden Fall color in hot, dry gardens.
Not only does the Fan-Tex ‘Rio Grande’ ash (Fraxinus) thrive in hot climates, it casts dense, dark shade to protect the home from summer heat. The tree in this photo is about 10 years old and has been watered regularly.
The same Fan-Tex ‘Rio Grande’ ash tree in Fall when it becomes a colorful addition to the landscape. In winter the leaves fall, allowing sunshine to warm the home it shelters during summer. Note: Not all ash trees turn this gorgeous color in Fall. The ‘Rio Grande’ ash does every year.
More gardening news for you
Our 8 Most Popular Newsletters
- Six flowering plants that reliably bloom in scorching mid-summer heat.
- Cactus as security barriers for your property.
- Australian plants and trees that grow well in hot, dry climates.
- A white garden for night time viewing.
- How to combat death by heat exhaustion of plants in pots.
- Topiary can be easy to create and add charm to your garden.
- Weather-proofing palms for winter; cold weather palm trees.
- Non-toxic weed control and early signs of Spring.