Inspiring public Botanic Gardens in the western United States
Arlington Garden – in Pasadena, California
Balboa Park Gardens – San Diego
Descanso Gardens – near Pasadena
Getty Villa Gardens – Malibu
Huntington Gardens Desert Garden – near Pasadena
Japanese Garden – Van Nuys, Los Angeles
Los Angeles Arboretum and Botanic Garden – Arcadia
Phoenix Desert Botanical Garden – Phoenix, Arizona
Rancho Santa Ana Botanic Garden – Claremont, California
San Fernando Mission Gardens – Los Angeles
San Gabriel Mission Gardens – near Los Angeles
San Luis Obispo Creek Park – San Luis Obispo, California
Santa Barbara Gardens – Santa Barbara, California
Santa Barbara Botanic Garden – Santa Barbara
Shore Acres Gardens – Coos Bay Oregon
South Coast Botanic Garden – southwest Los Angeles
Tucson Public Gardens – Tucson, Arizona
Our 8 Most Popular Newsletters
- Six flowering plants that reliably bloom in scorching mid-summer heat.
- Cactus as security barriers for your property.
- Australian plants and trees that grow well in hot, dry climates.
- A white garden for night time viewing.
- How to combat death by heat exhaustion of plants in pots.
- Topiary can be easy to create and add charm to your garden.
- Weather-proofing palms for winter; cold weather palm trees.
- Non-toxic weed control and early signs of Spring.